Colleges and universities
- Anhui Normal University
- Anhui University, in Hefei
- Anhui University of Finance and Economics, in Bengbu
- Anhui University of Technology, in Ma'anshan
- Hefei University of Technology
- University of Science & Technology of China, located in the Southwest part of Hefei
- Anhui University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Anhui University of Science & Technology, in Huainan
Anhui has an abundance of tourism resources, including Mount Huangshan, which is famous for its towering pines, precipitous stones, sea of clouds, and hot springs. Mount Jiuhua, one of the four famous Buddhist Mountains in China, and Mount Tianzhu are also well known scenic spots.
Along with these natural sites, Anhui is well-known for the ancient villages in the south of the province, including Xidi and Hongcun, which was named a World Heritage Site.
Anhui is also well known for its various craftworks, such as rice paper, ink stone and Chinese ink.
- Berliner, Nancy Zeng. 2003. Yin Yu Tang the architecture and daily life of a Chinese house. Boston: Tuttle Pub. ISBN 9780804834872
- Cahill, James. 1981. Shadows of Mt. Huang Chinese painting and printing of the Anhui School. Berkeley, CA: University Art Museum. OCLC: 7225176
- Guo, Qitao. 2003. Exorcism and money the symbolic world of the Five-Fury Spirits in late imperial China. Berkeley: Institute of East Asian Studies, University of California, Berkeley/Center for Chinese Studies. ISBN 9781557290779
- Han, Min. 2001. Social change and continuity in a village in northern Anhui, China a response to revolution and reform. Senri ethnological studies, no. 58. Osaka: National Museum of Ethnology. OCLC: 49715402
- Knapp, Ronald G. 1992. Chinese landscapes - the village as place. Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press. ISBN 9780824814137
- Wong, Dorothy. 2000. Statistical profile of Anhui. China information and statistics series. Hong Kong: Icapital Ltd. ISBN 9789628573639
Huaibei | Huainan | Huangshan | Lu'an | Ma'anshan | Suzhou | Tongling | Wuhu | Xuancheng